Welcome to SpareTime!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of SpareTime's Website; if you have any questions, please contact us here.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use SpareTime if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person logged onto this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves. Any terms mentioned as "Host", or "SpareTimer" refer to users on the SpareTime website. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same. For clarification of all other terminology, please refer to the SpareTime Glossary found towards the bottom of the Terms and Conditions.
SpareTime operates as an online sharing platform allowing Users to offer services to other people in their community by connecting with each other through the SpareTime Platform.
1. What is SpareTime and what do we offer
- 1.1 SpareTime provides the SpareTime Platform to enable: a) Hosts to publish Postings or allow Hosts to seek out SpareTimers, and b) SpareTimers to publish Listings or allow SpareTimers to offer their services to a Host's Post.
- A) SpareTimers may make an offer in response to a Posting. Some details of the Post may be made publicly available, including to internet users who are not users of the SpareTime Platform.
- B) Hosts may send an invitation in response to a Listing. Some details of the Listing may be made publicly available, including to internet users who are not users of the SpareTime Platform
- A) A Host may revoke or modify a Post at any time before accepting an offer by a SpareTimer. SpareTime reserves the right to cancel all offers on a Posting made prior to the modification or amendment.
- B) A SpareTimer may revoke or modify a Listing at any time before accepting an invitation by a Host. SpareTime reserves the right to cancel all invitation on a Listing made prior to the modification or amendment.
- 1.4 If a Host accepts an offer on the SpareTime Platform, a "SpareTime contract" is created between the SpareTimer and the Host.
- 1.5 Upon creation of a SpareTime contract, the Host must pay the Agreed Price into an account owned and controlled by SpareTime.
- 1.6 Upon creation of the SpareTime contract, SpareTime has rendered SpareTimer Services and the Service Fee is due and payable.
- 1.7 Once the SpareTime contract is created, the SpareTimer and Host may not change or vary the SpareTime contract made on the SpareTime Platform. The Host and SpareTimer are encouraged to use SpareTime's private messaging system to amend or vary the Post made by the Host (including the Agreed Price) or to otherwise communicate, prior to the creation of the SpareTime contract.
- 1.8 Once the services are complete, the SpareTimer must provide notice of that on the SpareTime Platform.
- 1.9 Once the services are complete, the Host must provide notice of that on the SpareTime Platform.
- 1.10 Once the Post has been completed and the SpareTimer confirms the services are completed, or if SpareTime is satisfied the services have been completed, the Host's Funds will be released from the Account owned by SpareTime and sent to the SpareTimer's SpareTime wallet.
- 1.11 By inputting their bank details, the SpareTimer at any time can release the funds from their SpareTime wallet and send them to their bank account registered with SpareTime.
- 1.12 After the peer to peer contract is completed, both parties are encouraged to review and provide feedback of the services on the SpareTime Platform.
2. The roles and obligations of SpareTime
- 2.1 SpareTime provides the SpareTime Platform only, a strictly peer-to-peer platform enabling users to publish Postings and/or Listings, and allows SpareTimers to make offers on those postings, or Hosts to invite SpareTimers to posts through a Listing.
- 2.2 You must be legally allowed to work in the country you are an active user in in order to use the SpareTime platform.
- 2.3 Users must be natural persons,
- 2.4 If working for a company, the user may specify within their profile that they represent a business entity.
- 2.5 At its absolute discretion, SpareTime may refuse to allow any person to register or create an account with SpareTime or cancel or suspend any existing account.
- 2.6 Registering and creating an account with SpareTime is free. There is no charge for a Host to create a Posting, a SpareTimer to create a Listing, or for other SpareTime users to review content on the SpareTime Platform, including posts, and Listings.
- 2.7 SpareTime accepts no liability for any aspect of the Host and SpareTimer interaction, including but not limited to the description, performance or delivery of services.
- 2.8 SpareTime has no responsibility and makes no warranty as to the truth or accuracy of any aspect of any information provided by Users, including, but not limited to, the ability of SpareTimers to perform jobs or complete a Post, or the honesty or accuracy of any information provided by Host or the Hosts' ability to pay for the Services requested.
- 2.9 SpareTime has no responsibility and makes no warranty as to the accuracy of the personal identification provided to SpareTime by its users, and makes no guarantee to the accuracy of licensing or certification by its users in specific industries, such as, but not limited to, plumbing, electric, or other trades services.
- 2.9 Except for liability in relation to any Non-excludable Condition, the SpareTime Service is provided on an "as is" basis, and without any warranty or condition, express or implied. To the extent permitted by law, we and our suppliers specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- 2.10 SpareTime has no obligation to any user to assist or involve itself in any dispute between Users, although may do so to improve user experience.
3. The roles and obligations of SpareTime users
- 3.1 You will follow the following rules at all times:
- (a) comply with the SpareTime Terms and Conditions (including all Policies) and all applicable laws and regulations provided in your residing country and/or state;
- (b) only post accurate information on the SpareTime Platform;
- (c) ensure that You are aware of any laws that apply to You as a Host or SpareTimer, or in relation to using the SpareTime Platform.
- 3.2 You agree that all content (whether it is provided by SpareTime, a User or a third party) on the SpareTime Platform may not be used for any other business purpose or by any third party companies without being granted permission by SpareTime beforehand.
- 3.3 You must not conduct any illegal activities or use the SpareTime Platform for any immoral purpose.
- 3.4 You must maintain control of your SpareTime profile and account at all times and must not deal your account in any way with other people. This includes allowing others individuals (whether they be other SpareTime users or people not using the SpareTime platform) to use your account, or by transferring or selling your account or any of its content to another person.
- 3.5 You grant SpareTime a worldwide, unrestricted and royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify and adapt any content and information posted on the SpareTime Platform for the purpose of publishing material on the SpareTime Platform and as otherwise may be required to provide the SpareTime Service, for the general promotion of the SpareTime Service, and as permitted by this Agreement.
- 3.6 You agree that any information posted on the SpareTime Platform must not, in any way whatsoever, be potentially or actually harmful to SpareTime or any other person. Harm includes, but is not limited to, any physical, emotional, or economical loss that will or may be suffered by SpareTime or any other person.
- 3.7 Without limiting any provision of this Agreement, any information You supply to SpareTime or publish in a Posting (including as part of an Offer) or a Listing must be up to date and kept up to date and must not:
(a) be false, inaccurate, misleading or deceptive;
(b) be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
(c) infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, confidentiality or privacy;
(d) violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export and import control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, antidiscrimination and trade practices/fair trading laws);
(e) be defamatory, libellous, threatening or harassing;
(f) be obscene or contain any material that, in SpareTime's sole and absolute discretion, is in any way inappropriate or unlawful, including, but not limited to obscene, inappropriate or unlawful images; or
(g) contain any malicious code, data or set of instructions that intentionally or unintentionally causes harm or subverts the intended function of the SpareTime Platform, including, but not limited to viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, Easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or Personal Information.
- 3.8 SpareTime Platform may from time to time engage location-based or map-based functionality. The SpareTime Platform may display the location of Hosts and SpareTimers to persons browsing the SpareTime Platform. Each Host will be asked to provide the street and suburb where the Services are to be delivered. A Host should never disclose personal details such as the Host's full name, street number, phone number or email address in a Posting or in any other public communication on the SpareTime Platform.
- 3.9 If you are a SpareTimer, you must have the right to provide Services under a Contract and to work in your country/state. You must be in compliance with all tax and regulatory obligations in relation to any payment received (including from a Host) under a SpareTime Contract.
- 3.10 You must not, when supplying Services, charge a Host any fees on top of the SpareTime Funds. However, the users under a SpareTime contract may agree to amend the agreed price through the SpareTime Platform.
- 3.11 You must not request any payments outside of the SpareTime Platform from the Host except to the extent permitted by clause 3.12 and only if the SpareTime Platform does not facilitate the reimbursement of costs considered in clause 3.12 via the bank account owned and controlled by SpareTime.
- 3.12 If a SpareTimer agrees to pay some costs of completing the Services (such as equipment to complete the Services), the SpareTimer is solely responsible for obtaining any reimbursement from the Host. SpareTime advises SpareTimers not to agree to incur costs in advance of receiving the payment for these costs, unless the SpareTimer is confident the Host will reimburse the costs promptly.
- 3.13 If SpareTime determines at its sole discretion that you have breached any obligation under this clause 3 or that you have breached one or more SpareTime contracts, it reserves the rights to remove any content, Posting, Offers, Listings, or invitations You have submitted to the SpareTime Service or cancel or suspend your account and/or any contracts that have been created.
- 4.1 Upon the creation of a SpareTime contract, the SpareTimer owes SpareTime the Service Fee. The Service Fee will automatically be deducted from the Agreed Price that is held in the bank account owned and controlled by SpareTime.
- 4.2 If the Posting requires a SpareTimer to incur costs in completing the Services, the cost incurred will not be included in any calculation of Fees so long as the excess cost is not included in the Agreed Price.
- 4.3 Fees taken by SpareTime do not include any fees that may be due to Third Party Service providers. All Third Party Service providers are paid pursuant to a user's separate agreement with that Third Party Service provider.
- 4.4 All Fees and charges payable to SpareTime are non-cancellable and non-refundable, subject to Your rights under any Non-Excludable Conditions.
- 4.5 As new services are offered by SpareTime on the SpareTime Platform, the Fees applying to that service will be payable as from the launch of the service.
- 4.6 SpareTime may set-off any Fees against any SpareTimer Funds or other amounts held by SpareTime on behalf of a User.
- 4.7 SpareTime maintains the right to restrict a user's account until all fees have been paid.
5. Payments and Refunds
- 5.1 If:
- (a) the Host and the SpareTimer mutually agree to cancel the SpareTime contract; or
- (b) following reasonable attempts by a Host to contact a SpareTimer to perform the SpareTime contract, the contract is cancelled;
- (c) SpareTime is satisfied that the Agreed Price should be returned to the Host,
then, subject to clause 5.3, SpareTime will pay the SpareTimer Funds held in the bank account owned by SpareTime to the Host. SpareTime may also pay to the account of the Host, on behalf of the SpareTimer, an additional amount up to the value of the Service Fee collected in connection with the SpareTime contract.
- 5.2 Any amount paid by SpareTime on behalf of a SpareTimer, including but not limited to the Service Fee, under clause 5.1 will be a debt owed to SpareTime by the SpareTimer.
- 5.3 If a Contract is cancelled:
- (a) SpareTime will retain the Service Fee in accordance with clause 4.1; and
- (b) the cancellation will be attributed to the individual cancelling unless the canceller of the contract can provide evidence to SpareTime's satisfaction (in its sole opinion) that the other user under the SpareTime contract caused the cancellation of the contract.
- If cancelled by the Host (as determined by this clause), the Host must pay the Cancellation Fee, which is equal to the Service Fee charged to the SpareTimer under the same peer to peer contract. SpareTime may agree to refund the Service Fee to the SpareTimer. If cancelled by the SpareTimer, the amount under the contract will be refunded in full to the Host and the cancellation fee will become a debt due to SpareTime by the SpareTimer in accordance with clause 5.2.
- 5.4 If the parties agree to any additional cancellation fee payable under the SpareTime contract, it is the responsibility of the party aggrieved to claim any amount owed directly from the other.
- 5.5 Following resolution of a cancelled SpareTime contact in accordance with clause 5.1, SpareTime may take up to 30 days to return the Agreed Price (less the Cancellation Fee, if applicable) to the Host.
- 5.6 If, for any reason, the SpareTimer Funds cannot be transferred or otherwise made to the SpareTimer or returned to the Host (as the case may be) or no claim is otherwise made for the SpareTimer Funds, the SpareTimer Funds will remain in the Bank Account owned and operated by SpareTime until paid or otherwise for up to three months from the date of SpareTime Contract creation.
- 5.7 Following the 3 months referred to in clause 5.6, and provided there is still no dispute with respect of the SpareTimer Funds, the SpareTimer Funds will be refunded to the Host and returned with 30 days.
6. Business Partners
- 6.1 SpareTime may enter into agreements with Business Partners and may seek to engage SpareTimers in the provision of Business Services. SpareTimers who agree to perform Business Services for Business Partners acknowledge and agree that SpareTime and the Business Partner may on-sell Services supplied to third parties for an increased fee.
- 6.2 Business Partners may require SpareTimers providing Business Services to be approved or hold particular qualifications. SpareTime may assist Business Partners to locate suitably qualified SpareTimers. SpareTime makes no warranty that it will promote any or all suitably qualified SpareTimers to Business Partners.
- 6.3 Business Partners may require SpareTimers to enter into a Business Partner Contract before providing Business Services.
- 6.4 Where a SpareTimer accepts a Posting with a Business Partner:
- (a) the SpareTimer must provide Business Services to the Business Partner in accordance with the Contract and any applicable Business Partner Contract; and
- (b) the terms of the Business Partner Contract will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency.
7. Payment Facility
- 7.1 SpareTime may use a bank account owned and operated by SpareTime to manage the payment gateway for the duration of all SpareTime contracts.
- 7.2 In so far as it is relevant to the provision of the SpareTime Bank Account, the terms at https://stripe.com/ are incorporated into this Agreement and will prevail over this Agreement to the extent of any inconsistency in relation to the provision of the SpareTime Bank Account.
- 7.3 If SpareTime changes its payment provider or Bank Account Provider, You may be asked to agree to any further additional terms with those providers. If you do not agree to them, you will be given alternative means of payment.
8. Third Party Services
- 8.1 SpareTime might occasionally include Third Party Services on the SpareTime Platform. These Third Party Services are not provided by SpareTime.
- 8.2 Third Party Services are offered to SpareTime users dependent upon the third party's terms and conditions. Third Party Services may be promoted on the SpareTime Platform as a convenience to our users who may find the Third Party Services of interest or of use.
- 8.3 If a user engages with any Third Party Service provider, the agreement will be directly between the user and that Third Party Service provider and SpareTime will have no liability between the two.
- 8.4 SpareTime makes no representation or warranty as to the Third Party Services. However, to help us continue to improve our SpareTime Platform, users may provide feedback to SpareTime of their Third Party Service experience via email under the contact section.
9. Verification & Badges
- 9.1 SpareTime may use Identity Verification Services.
- 9.2 You agree that SpareTime Identity Verification Services may not be fully accurate as all SpareTime Services are dependent on user-supplied information and/or information or verification services provided by third parties.
- 9.3 You are solely responsible for identity verification and SpareTime accepts no responsibility for any use that is made of a SpareTime Identity Verification Service.
- 9.4 SpareTime Identity Verification Services may be modified at any time.
- 9.5 The SpareTime Platform may also include a user-initiated feedback system to help evaluate Users.
- 9.6 SpareTime may make Badges available to SpareTimers. The available Badge can be requested by the SpareTimer via the SpareTime Platform, and arranged on behalf of the SpareTimer and issued by SpareTime. Obtaining Badges may be subject to the provision of certain information or documentation by the SpareTimer and determined by SpareTime or a third party verifier subject to its terms.
- 9.7 You acknowledge that Badges are point in time checks and may not be accurate at the time it is displayed. You acknowledge that to the extent You relied on a Badge in entering into a SpareTime contract, you do so aware of this limitation. You should seek to verify any Badge with the SpareTimer prior to assisting with a Posting.
- 9.8 It remains the SpareTimer's responsibility to ensure that information or documentation it provides in obtaining a Badge is true and accurate and must inform SpareTime immediately if a Badge is no longer valid.
- (a) SpareTime may, from time to time, contact the SpareTimer with a specific badge to verify the badge is still valid.
- 9.9 SpareTime may, at its discretion, issue Badges to SpareTimers for a fee no more than the cost of validation of the badge and verification of the individual.
- 9.10 The issue of a Badge to a SpareTimer remains in the control of SpareTime and the display and use of a Badge is licensed to the SpareTimer for use on the SpareTime Platform only. Any verification obtained as a result of the issue of a Badge may not be used for any other purpose outside of the SpareTime Platform.
- 9.11 SpareTime retains the discretion and right to not issue, or remove without notice, a Badge if You are in breach of any of the terms of this Agreement, the Badge has been issued incorrectly, obtained falsely, has expired, is no longer valid or for any other reason requiring its removal based on the discretion of SpareTime.
- 10.1 You can complain about any comment made on the SpareTime Platform by contacting SpareTime via the contact page located on the SpareTime Platform.
- 10.2 SpareTime is entitled to suspend or terminate Your account at any time if SpareTime, in its sole and absolute discretion, is concerned by any feedback about You, or considers Your feedback rating to be problematic for other SpareTime Users.
- 10.3 SpareTime holds the right to remove any comment made to a SpareTimer or a Host if in violation of any of these terms and conditions, and is up to the sole discretion of SpareTime.
11. SpareTime Liability
- 11.1 Using the SpareTime platform may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits for SpareTimers, Hosts, or anyone in the area that a post is being completed. You, the user, further acknowledge that it carries with it the possibility of serious injury, death, or property loss/damage. These risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, weather, temperature, dehydration, and the condition of equipment and vehicular traffic, as well as the actions of other users of SpareTime.
- 11.2 You, the user, hereby acknowledge and understand all of the risks of operation on the SpareTime platform as well as through the completion of posts made on the website, including (as examples and not by way of limitation): any risks arising from negligence or carelessness on the side of either the SpareTimer or the Host, from defective or dangerous equipment or property owned, controlled, or maintained by the owning body, or because of their possible liability without fault.
- 11.3 You, the user, hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless SpareTime and its governing bodies as well as its users. You also release SpareTime and all aforementioned individuals from any and all liability claims, as well as demands of whatever kind or nature, in either law or equity, that arise or may hereafter arise from your participation on the platform after agreeing to these terms and conditions during the registration of a SpareTime account.
- 11.4 You, the user, understand that this release dismisses SpareTime from any liability or claim that you may have against it with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my activities while using the SpareTime platform.
- 11.5 You, the user, understand that SpareTime does not carry or maintain medical, health, or disability insurance coverage for its participants, with the exception of previously assured care made in writing by SpareTime. You are expected and encouraged to obtain your own medical or health coverage.
- 11.6 You, the user, hereby grant and convey all rights, titles, and interests in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by SpareTime during your participation, including but not limited to any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
- 11.7 The following liability agreement under section 11 of the terms and conditions shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
- 11.8 You, the user, agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this liability agreement under Section 11 of the terms and conditions is held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such a clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this liability agreement, which shall continue to be enforceable.
- 11.9 You, the user, agree that any and all claims or litigation arising from your participation in this activity will be governed by the laws of the state of New York.
- 11.10 By agreeing to the terms and conditions upon registration of the website, You, the user, certify that you have read this liability agreement under section 11 of the terms and conditions and you fully understand its content. You, the user, are aware that this document is a contractual release from liability in order to use the SpareTime platform and that you sign it of your own free will.
- 11.11 This liability agreement under section 11 of the terms and conditions takes affect on the date of you, the user's, registration onto the SpareTime platform and constitutes you, the SpareTime user, as well discharges SpareTime of any and all damage or injuries that may happen to you or those around you.
12. Privacy of Users
13. Modification to the Terms and Conditions
- 13.1 SpareTime has the ability to modify the Terms and Conditions agreement or the Policies (and update the SpareTime pages on which they are displayed) at any time. SpareTime will send notification of such modifications to Your SpareTime account or advise You the next time You login, specifying the changes that have been made.
- 13.2 When You actively agree to amended terms (for example, by clicking a button saying "I accept") or use the SpareTime Platform in any way, including, but not limited to, the creation of a SpareTime contract, the amended terms will be effective immediately. In all other cases, the amended terms will automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially notified to You.
- 13.3 If You do not agree with any changes to this Agreement (or any of our Policies), You must terminate your account. Alternatively, You may notify SpareTime that you would like your SpareTime account terminated, and SpareTime will terminate your account in no longer than 30 business days.
- 14.1 Except as stated otherwise, any notices must be given by registered ordinary post or by email, either to SpareTime's contact address provided by You, the user, upon registration to the SpareTime Platform and verification of your profile. Any notice shall be deemed given:
- (a) if sent by email, 24 hours after email is sent, unless the User is notified that the email address is invalid or the email is undeliverable, and
- (b) if sent by pre-paid post, three Business Days after the date of posting, or on the seventh Business Day after the date of posting if sent to or posted from outside the United States.
- 14.2 Notices related to performance of any Third Party Service must be delivered to such third party as set out in the Third Party Service provider's Terms and Conditions.
15. Dispute Resolution
- 15.1 SpareTime encourages all Users to resolve all disputes with other Users directly. Additionally, You acknowledge and agree that SpareTime may, in its sole discretion, provide Your information as it decides is suitable to other parties involved in the dispute to assist in the resolving of said issue.
- 15.2 If a dispute arises with another User, you and the other user must cooperate and make a genuine attempt to resolve the dispute on your own.
- 15.3 SpareTime may choose to assist in the resolving of User disputes. Additionally, at any time, a User may refer a dispute to SpareTime for assistance. Both users must cooperate with all investigations undertaken by SpareTime to bring the dispute to a close. SpareTime reserves the right to make a final determination (acting reasonably) based on the information supplied by the Users and direct the Escrow Provider to make payment accordingly. You have the right to raise your dispute with the other User or SpareTime's determination in an applicable court or tribunal.
- 15.4 SpareTime has the right to hold any Price paid under the SpareTime contract that is the subject of a dispute in the Bank Account owned and operated by SpareTime, until the dispute has been resolved.
- 15.5 SpareTime may provide access to a Third Party Dispute Service. If such a service is provided, either party may request the other party to submit to the Third Party Dispute Service if the parties have failed to resolve the dispute directly. Terms and Conditions for the Third Party Dispute Service will be available on request. The Third Party Dispute Service is a Third Party Service and Users are responsible for paying any costs associated with the Third Party Dispute Service in accordance with the Third Party Dispute Service Terms and Conditions.
- 15.6 Disputes with any Third Party Service provider must proceed pursuant to any dispute resolution process set out in the Terms of Service of the Third Party Service provider.
- 15.7 If You have a complaint about the SpareTime Service, please contact us here.
- 15.8 If SpareTime provides information about other Users to You for the purposes of resolving disputes under this clause, You acknowledge and agree that such information will be used only for the purpose of resolving the dispute (and no other purpose) and that you will indemnify SpareTime against any claims relating to any other use of information not permitted by this Agreement.
- 16.1 Either You or SpareTime may terminate your account and this Agreement at any time for any reason.
- 16.2 Termination of this Agreement does not affect any SpareTime Contract that has already been made between Users.
- 16.3 Third Party Services are subject to Third Party Service provider Terms and Conditions.
- 16.4 Sections 4 (Fees), 11(SpareTime Liability) and 15(Dispute Resolution) and any other terms which by their nature should continue to apply until the completion of the last SpareTime contract and will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- 16.5 If Your account or this Agreement are terminated for any reason then You may not without SpareTime's consent (in its absolute discretion) create any further accounts with SpareTime and we may terminate any other accounts You operate or create.
- 16.6 You have the ability to make a case for reinstating your account by contacting SpareTime directly.
- 17.1 This Agreement is governed by the laws of New York, USA. You and SpareTime submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New York, USA.
- 17.2 The provisions of this Agreement are severable, and if any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision may be removed and the remaining provisions will be enforceable.
- 17.3 This Agreement may be assigned or novated by SpareTime to a third party without your consent. In the event of an assignment or novation, the User will remain bound by this Agreement.
- 17.4 This Agreement sets out the complete understanding and agreement between all Users and the company, SpareTime, with respect to its subject matter.
18. Community Guidelines
- 18.1 Respect others in your community
- Anything you post on the platform will be visible to your connections and even the people in your local communities. Make sure to be considerate of those around you. Communities are built on the relationships amongst its members. Keep in mind that what you post will be visible to the same people that hire you or that you plan to hire. To increase the odds of you working with others and utilizing the platform to its greatest capabilities, be respectful to all.
- 18.2 No discrimination
- Discrimination is unacceptable under all circumstances. Any racism, hateful speech, or discrimination of any kind will be removed from the platform and disciplinary actions may take place on the account in question. This is up to the discretion of the SpareTime team.
- 18.3 Maintain the integrity of the community feed
- The community board is meant to help you, your connections, and those in your local areas. Keep the content posted on the feed to content that is constructive to the communities.
- 18.4 No fake profiles or posts
- The SpareTime community is built on trust between the platform and its members. Any use of fake profiles is strictly prohibited and will result in the profile along with any associated accounts being banned. Repeatedly making fake posts or listings will lead to suspension and potentially being banned from the platform. Make sure to be yourself on the platform, as the whole community will benefit from you being you.
- 18.5 No harmful activity allowed
- Any activity leading to the harm of a fellow member of the SpareTime community is prohibited. This can include anything from scams to physical harm to cyber bullying, both in the community feed or in direct messages.
- 18.6 Member moderation
- We rely on the community members to moderate and report any activity that is in breach of these community guidelines. If these are broken at any time, it is up to the community and its members to inform the company so that proper actions may take place.
- SpareTime Platform - The platform located on the SpareTime website where Hosts and SpareTimers can interact and complete services in exchange for payment.
- Host - A user in need of help with a task or service. A Host creates Posts seeking the help of a SpareTimer and may, at any time, invite a SpareTimer to Post through a Listing created by that SpareTimer.
- SpareTimer - A user with the time and skills necessary to complete a task or service for a Host. A SpareTimer may, at any time, send an offer to a Host through a Post that is visible on the SpareTime Platform. Alternatively, the SpareTimer may create a Listing showcasing their skills and talents for a particular task or service that a Host may find and send invitation to a Post they have made
- Post/Posting - Made by a Host describing a particular task or service with which they need help.
- Listing - Made by a SpareTimer showcasing their skills, talents, or hobbies. A listing is a way for Hosts to invite SpareTimers to a Post they have created.
- Offer - These are sent by SpareTimers who believe they have the time and skills required to complete a particular Post. These may be at a price equal to or of greater value to the Price posted along with the Post.
- Invitation - These are sent by Hosts to a SpareTimer through a Listing they have created. If a Host feels that a particular SpareTimer has the skills necessary to complete a Post they have created, an invitation can be sent directly to the SpareTimer notifying them of your Post.
- SpareTime contract - An agreement between a Host and a SpareTimer to complete a Post that is initiated upon the sending of money from the Host to the SpareTimer, temporarily held by an Escrow account controlled by SpareTime. The contract is completed when both parties agree that the Post has been completed to the satisfaction of both the Host and SpareTimer and money is sent from Escrow to the SpareTimer.
- Agreed Price - The final price that both the Host and the SpareTimer have agreed upon to complete a Post made by a Host.
- Service fee - A 10% fee that is taken from the Agreed Price of a post while being held in Escrow after the creation of a SpareTime contract. The remaining 90% will be sent to the SpareTimer upon completion of said SpareTime contract.
- SpareTime wallet - Part of every User's personal account. This is a wallet containing all monetary funds earned when completing a Post. Funds in this wallet can be withdrawn to your personal bank account at any time provided that bank account details have been submitted.